Process Performance Lead – Food/FMCG
Love continuous improvement? Love chocolate? Looking for a new challenge? Then we have the role for you! We are looking for an exceptional hands-on operational professional who is relentless in their pursuit of perfection through the application of continuous improvement and excellent manufacturing processes.
You will be joining a highly successful business, with a diverse and talented team across quality, procurement, operations & engineering who will support you in eliminating performance gaps and maximising efficiency opportunities across our world beating manufacturing site in Telford.
This role is responsible for leading performance driven initiatives at one of the biggest hollow moulding chocolate factories in Europe. In the relentless pursuit for improvement in your area, you will take the operational lead and have responsibility for driving out waste & inefficiency in your area, through the application of the site’s digital systems and proven improvement methodology.
- Operational management and control for the efficient running of process lines / areas, work alongside other parts of the company (such as Quality, or Planning) to co-ordinate the overall activity on the plant, ensuring the area is clean, organised, under control and being fully flexible to support the demands required on the allocated line of responsibility.
- Administrative duties are up to date; Trello cards and quality records are completed; details are attended to. Ensure that effective Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) exist and are maintained for all activities and practices in your area.
- Lead the shift Process Operators, being responsible for their conduct and ability to do the job and for the standard of the plant. The operators are purposeful and occupied, and can explain what’s happening today, and have some idea of how the line is improving. The operators are well presented and appear motivated.
- Evaluating existing manufacturing processes and identifying areas for improvement, ensuring there is a sound programme of improvement, defining problems precisely through data driven analysis and observation ensuring the timely implementation of permanent improvements and validating the efficiency.
- Analysing and reporting on results on processes, methods, schedules, downtime, cycle times, availability of process and waste management, ensuring they are understood, and the Process Technician reviews trends in performance and what is under way to improve them, taking ownership of your work to agreed deadlines.
- Development and maintenance of the lines layout to ensure the existence of a safe productive workflow through the principles of Lean Manufacturing. Ensuring that improvement activities, learning and training are embedded in positive safety and quality cultures on the site.
- Building strong relationships, gaining buy-in from key stakeholders and ensuring best practice implementation with engineering and technical development.
With extensive manufacturing experience and continuous improvement knowledge you will ideally be:
- TPM / Lean Manufacturing knowledge
- In-depth knowledge and experience of manufacturing processes in a highly automated Lean manufacturing environment.
- Experienced in the following manufacturing sectors, Food & Drink Manufacturing, Pharmaceuticals, FMCG, Aerospace, Automotive (Tier 1) or Medical Devices.
- Demonstrate infectious positivity, relentless drive through resilience & a can-do attitude.
- Extensive experience in successful application of Lean, 6 sigma, Kaizen etc.
- Excellent communication, coaching and interpersonal skills.
- Expert Data analysis skills
- Team Leadership experience
- 33 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays (after years’ service).
- Competitive Salary – Up to £46,000 dependant on experience
- Life assurance and health insurance
- Company pension (8%) or auto enrolment
- Benefits schemes
How to Apply
If you are driven by job satisfaction in a results-oriented company, thrive on autonomy, and wish to make a positive contribution to the future success and direction of a business, The Company operates by four distinct values: Determination | Quality | Integrity | Teamwork. These are the words that describe the most successful people in our business when they are at their best.
If you are interested in this position please complete a web application form by clicking on the following link: https://apps.magna.uk/webappform/appform.php