Product and Packaging Development Technologist
Magna Specialist Confectioners, based in Telford, manufactures approximately 12,000 tonnes of chocolate moulded confectionery, supplying many of the UK’s largest confectionery brand owners.
New products make up the majority of the business’ growth and sales opportunities each year and are therefore an important part of the change activity. We wish to recruit a Chocolate Confectionery NPD Technologist who will project manage the development of specific products from concept to launch. The successful candidate will also have a specific role in the packaging development of the new product.
- Taking responsibility for the full NPD cycle, the successful candidate will act as the main development contact for customers, ensuring that milestones and key project deliverables are defined and communicated/
- Work within a cross-functional project team (Engineering, Operations, Technical) ensuring project plans are being maintained and where activities are not meeting expected deliverables that this is communicated and risk assessed.
- Work with suppliers and customers to develop, maintain and update packaging and product specifications – to make certain that the end product is fit-for-factory.
- Plan, organise and oversee customer and supplier attended factory trials and product launches.
- Ability to establish plans, determine priorities and someone who is proactive and not scared off by detail.
- Strong organisational and project management skills
- Confident communicator within a mixed muiti-skilled team, including customers and confident under pressure.
Who would be suited to this role
- 2:1 level graduates from food science, food technology, manufacturing management or business management degree looking for their first role with a FMCG manufacturer.
- A-levels of C and above and GCSE passes of Grades C and above.
What we can offer
- Exposure in a highly regarded & profitable chocolate confectionery co-manufacturing business.
- Exposure to all the different business activities necessary to develop and manufacture products for both existing and new products for major confectionery brand owners.
- Exposure to our customers’ development and commercial teams
- A role in a forward-looking highly invested chocolate confectionery business.
Total Package Value
- Paying starting rate £25064, depending on the individual’s skills and previous experience, mid-range £28077.
- A rewarding working environment with the opportunity to progress to £32029 for the right candidate
- Company benefits include auto-enrolment pension.
- After a years’ service benefits include extra week’s holiday, life cover, health cash plan plus flexible benefits.