Production Team Leader
Production Team Leader
Hours of work: Shifts on Days / Nights Rotation, full flexibility required.
Location: Telford, Shropshire TF3 3BH.
An opportunity has arisen for a Team Leader to join our production team based in Telford. The right candidate will be required to work a set shift pattern that will involve Days or Nights and includes weekends. Your responsibilities will be to:
- Lead and effectively manage a team of General and Machine Operators on a packing line
- Ensure the operators work to the defined standards of performance and behaviour
- Measure and record the lines performance taking appropriate actions where necessary
- Organise and complete product changeovers within the standard planned time
- Support the Supervisor to achieve the shifts KPIs and to escalate issues to promptly
- Complete all quality control documentation accurately and clearly
- Apply Continuous Improvement techniques such as 5 Whys to problem solving
- 100% compliance with Food Safety Regulations, quality, housekeeping and safety systems
Suitable candidates will need to demonstrate that they have the following key skills and traits, which will enable them to be effective in the role of Team Leader:
- Possess good leadership and managerial skills
- A team player
- Good motivator
- A responsible attitude
- Professional and Positive
- Remaining calm under pressure
- Confident when speaking to and challenging team
- Effective communicator – written and verbal
- Strong sense of honesty and Integrity
- Good level of numeracy
- Be able to use computer or IT equipment proficiently
Previous experience in a similar role or in a food-based manufacturing environment would be an advantage.
What is on offer: –
- Pay increases as experience and competence signed off.
Passing Quality control validation (Perm) £30,390
Efficient operations validation (Perm) £35,114
Continuous Improvement validation (Perm) £38,706
- Pension – Auto enrolment
- After a year’s continuous service and validation, an opportunity to gain extra weeks holiday.
- Benefits – health cash plan after a year’s service
If you are interested in this position please complete a web application form by clicking on the following link: https://apps.magna.uk/webappform/appform.php